Monday, August 8, 2011

More on Colorado vacation

8-8-11 vacation brain

Oh my! Colorado is my new favorite place on earth, after spending a week here. I believe my  blog friend "California Gal" and myself would  be the type of gals to fit in perfect with the Colorado vibe!

 Our drive between Grand Junction to Winter Park on Thursday, along I-70, brought new and different terrain. I lost track on the number of times Greg and I both said "WOW".... as we were driving now eastward. The red canyon of the west, turned into the green mountains in central Colorado.


We are now at about 10,000 feet, which is making me a bit short of breath. So I think I prefer the Grand Junction area which is only about 4,500 to 5,000 ft.

Here are some pictures from Winter Park and the Mini Cooper Rally which was Thursday to Sunday.









Thursday evening we spent time with Carolyn's cousins from Iowa who have a home in Winter Park (Susan and Phil); we had a fun visit sitting out by their fire pit. Susan also owns a Mini!














































No comments:

Post a Comment