Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Weekend Report: Sunday

8-23-11 mojo-less brain
Sunday started off as a type of normal day, Greg and I went to church and then headed off to do something fun together. I know after the Mini in the Mountains Rally in Colorado I was ready to say.... "I've had enough car activities for the summer", but Sunday I changed my mind when I heard the British Car Club was meeting at a Lake Ahquabi State Park area, which I had never been to..... just south of Indaniola, about 30 miles from our house.


It was a pretty place with a nice Education Center with a room people can rent out. There were trails for hiking and a lookout tower. You can seen the tower just above my head, at about 1:00, sadly I didn't get to hike there, cause my injured toe is still not up to a lot of walking.


The park had this incredible buffalo sculpture made of wire.


Then mid afternoon, Greg headed for KC and I finally got to go out to the State Fair for the evening with Ann. She had an extra ticket to the Janet Jackson Concert. It was a great show and I was very happy that I made the effort to attend, and grateful Ann asked me to go with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment