Wednesday, September 2, 2009

American Idol

9-2-09 music brain

Sunday was the last of my August summer fun. This day included a drive down to KC in the afternoon with the purpose of celebrating Molly’s Birthday and to attend the American Idol concert at the Sprint Center in downtown KC. (Greg was in Ohio attending the Browns football game)

My friend Ann has a friend Felicia, whom I just met on Sunday, and Felicia was the instigator to get Ann interested in the American Idol concert. That didn’t take too much arm twisting, since Ann is a huge Idol fan.


In contrast Molly agreed to go, having never watched. (What is that look on Molly's face?... shock?...deer in the headlights?... she can't believe she agreed to THIS?) Me, I was somewhere in between. I had watched quite a bit of the top ten and loved Adam the most, although I did like Kris also, and also impressed with the talent of Allison.

We started out with dinner down in the Power and Light district of KC and then headed over to the concert. Our seats were good enough, not real close, but I liked the fact no one was behind us.

It is obvious to me now that I didn’t have my camera settings correct for the venue. Thus I don’t have many pictures worth posting.


The concert was awesome! I was blown away. Molly was even entertained as well as people of all ages, who were in attendance.

Ann and I had attended the American Idol concert 3 years ago, when Carrie Underwood won and Ann and I described it as an enjoyable variety show. I’d give it a 9 on a scale of 1-10. Using that same scale, this year’s show was a 100! It was quite the production with lights and several large screens.



Ann is allowing me to use her video on my blog, so if you are an Adam fan, here is a sample.

Adam Rockin' The Sprint Center, August 2009 from Drake Smart on Vimeo.

4 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to comment today...Judy is on the ball. I'm behind on my write-up, so I'd better be crackin tonight.

    This was an AWESOME show and well worth the $65 plus fuel and meals...Not sure if I knew Adam was Judy's #1, the top 5 were all good.
    But Adam..this clips really shows you his talent to speed up and slow down a song and sing one (Mad World by Tears for Fears) that he can now make his own.

    Blah..blah and so on and on. My fave is Matt w/ Kris and Adam tied and Danny in trailing. However, I do like Anoop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, you have so many favorites! I guess we will know who's on top by who's music you and I are willing to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, even as on outsider to American Idol, I can say it was a fantastic concert. I am going out on a limb and calling my favorite as Megan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly..are you sure...not even Matt? See my write up.

    ReplyDelete