Thursday, September 17, 2009

Autumn travels

9-17-09 Autumn LEFT brain

Today as you read this my left brain will be in overdrive.
I will be speaking at our Annual Iowa Cancer Registrar's Association Fall Workshop in Iowa City. I love going back to Iowa City in the fall, since this brings back the memories of me heading there for another year of college back in the late 70's and early 80's.

Autumn gives me mixed feelings in my stomach; one of sad endings, as summer slowly fades, and one of happy beginnings as new classes start with new opportunities to meet Mr. Right. (PS: This never did happen in college)

These sad and happy feelings are how I now experience pictures of our sweet Missy cat who was still alive last fall and enjoying the autumn weather next to the catnip plant.





These sad and happy feelings places that catchy tune back in my head from the song called "Closing Time" by Semisonic.

The lyrics say "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.


">

No comments:

Post a Comment