Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Summer sounds

9-1-09 waning summer brain

You know it's August when: you hear the special August sounds.

I realize it is September now, but that special August sound continues even today. When I was in KC mid August the cicadas were especially noisy in our KC neighborhood! I think it is because of all the large trees in this area. I started to find many of their carcasses around the large trees.

So being the weirdo that I am, I started to make a collection. Maybe there is some strange type of art I can do with these odd bugs.



One evening when we were coming home after dark, we saw a cicadas in the process of shedding it's skin and evolving into it's next life. It had attached to a outdoor wood chair.



This is what "death" looks like to me. Our body, a mere shell, is left behind as our soul breaks free and goes on to live a new type of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment