Thursday, September 24, 2009

Beaverdale Fall Festival parade

9-24-09 flying high brain
Saturday morning was a fun tradition for me. I've been participating in the Beaverdale parade for years, most often with my church, Westminster Presbyterian.

For the last few years I was dressed as a frog.


This year with our fall church theme of "Transition", I got to be one of the butterflies. I almost had to be the caterpillar, but the costume did not fit, so Brad had to fill the part.

We had a beautiful warm sunny day. We all had fun, but we all were a bit worn out after the 2 miles walk. I am glad that I decided it would be easier on me to roller blade. So THIS butterfly did a lot of gliding as if a real butterfly.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you weren't the caterpillar! You are much better suited as a butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Renee- I like the pic of you and the two girls. Can I use this one? I have a write up to do this weekend.

    ReplyDelete