Friday, June 25, 2010

Cowgirl Apron

6-25-10 friendship brain
Last week my fellow blogger and friend Renee posted a blog about aprons. See Here.

This got me thinking about an apron I recently bought. A lot different probably from the aprons Renee's grandmother worn. It's a cowgirl apron. I'm planning this as a gift for someone special. Sorry Molly it's not for you, although I know you would love this apron.


It looks like it could be easy to make, using old jeans. But I sure don't have time to sew at the current moment. So I have recorded this idea in my blog, so Molly and I can refer back to it later.

PS: It is Renee's Birthday today, so go take a look at her blog on aprons and wish her a Happy Birthday!

11 comments:

  1. Now all you need is a hat and some boots! That is sooo cute and I must make one. I have a 50% off coupon for Jo-Ann's and I will be looking for some fabric like that. I might even get enough to make one each for the grandgirls! HOO-EEE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All sorts of material themes could work along with the demin/jeans.... and be very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I have a girl who would probably think that's pretty cute, too! Your apron makes me think of The Pioneer Woman - you can check out her blog from mine :) and thank you for the BD wishes! I was thinking...hitting the highway speed limit isn't bad but wait til I hit the interstate limit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great apron Judy! I wear an apron every evening when I cook and have a fancy apron for entertaining. I'd love to have your apron for barbecues. It is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genevieve, I'll look for another one for you... the cute gift shop is in my hometown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course one can google "cowgirl jeans apron" and this does give some sources for aprons... nothing quite like the one I have... at least on first glance.... but some cutes ones none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is that! The fabric is great.

    My daughter is in Texas with her newish husband's family, and she bought her first cowboy hat and cowboy boots, and I believe they are line dancing at this very moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Apron, and yes you are right I love it. Charles city has the best places to shop, you are always finding fun things there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cowboy had and boots would look very cute with this apron!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who would have guessed that the apron blog would get the most comments, more than your deep thought provoking blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Guess we are all cowgirls deep down inside!

    ReplyDelete