Thursday, June 17, 2010

Safe keeping

6-17-10 reminiscing brain
This is my safe, which I have owned since I was 8 years old. I received this from Mom and Dad as a reward of sorts, for successfully having my tonsils and adenoids out that summer.

I have memories of the whole ordeal and the pain in my throat, and to this day I think this is why I don't really like Jello. Even swallowing Jello was painful.



I recently found my safe in the basement during the start of my cleaning project. It is fun to look inside and see what childhood "treasures" I have saved all these years. More on that in future blog posts.

3 comments:

  1. I remember that safe....I was always trying to get it open. Cant wait to see what else we might find in that basement this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my tonsils out also when I was little - I think about 7 years old. How cool Judy that you have this safe. Can't wait to see what else you find.

    I also have to thank you so much for your blog! Why? Because, my husband has been out of work for almost two years and the jobs he is now considering, are in different states. If he gets offers, and I so hope he does, I will need your advice and guidance! So happy you are here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genevieve- I can sure give you an earfull about being married and living in different states. I really think Greg and I are doing OK with this arrangement for now. After Greg and I started our split life, we found out we were not that unusual, many couples have to do this for awhile. I believe it has been enhancing for our marriage in many ways.

    ReplyDelete