Saturday, June 27, 2009

As the stomach turns

6-27-09 again- pondering brain
Along side Dick Cheney, sits Ann Coulter pinned up on my dart board which hangs on the wall in the dark basement corner of my brain. Once in awhile, I go down these the dark steps to visit them…..usually I can only manage a quick peek, then I feel nauseated, and fearful that my eye’s will be blinded by the viewing this “distasteful duo”…..and I’m trying to be kind with my word use here.

Yesterday, I regrettably allowed myself to enter the black whole, when I listen to part of Bill O’Reilly on the Internet when Ann Coulter was a guest on his show…. There was a 5 minute clip where they were discussing the murder of Dr. George Tiller. (I could post the clip here, but I don’t want to give Bill or Ann an audience)…..

But in her usual- “trying to be witty and amusing” way, Coulter said…"I don't really like to think of it as a murder. It was terminating Tiller in the 203rd trimester. I am personally opposed to shooting abortionists, but I don't want to impose my moral values on others."

THAT’s what I don’t understand. If you ARE PRO-LIFE……. And are vocal and adamant about “ALL LIFE is PRECIOUS”… doesn’t “all” mean ALL….i.e….. everyone? Then Dr. Tiller’s life was precious, even if his “behavior” or “beliefs” were something “they” disagreed with.

Pro-lifer’s had posted comments on the DM Newspaper web site saying that supporters of Dr. Tiller’s were “playing God” by deciding that some fetus’s (i.e. babies/humans) were not worthy (without value) to be born due to defects found prior to birth….. BUT aren’t pro-lifer’s doing the same thing by “playing God” when deciding it’s OK to kill Tiller?

That’s a rhetorical question….. no need to respond, I’m just pondering again today.

1 comment:

  1. Ann C. needs to be on your chuck-it list. Love Bill O. but have not time or energy for Ann.

    ReplyDelete