Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dreaming large

10-21-09 daydream brain
Nineteen days, that’s how long we had to wait in October for a normal autumn day. Temperatures were finally in the 60’s and Monday was one of those perfect days you long for, sunny, mild and no wind.

Monday’s wonderful weather reminded of a day last autumn when my Missy cat was still healthy enough to be outside. She loved being outside and I remember some of the last pictures I have of her were taken on a day as lovely as Monday.

Missy is a black cat so it is difficult to get a good picture of her, since she ends up looking like a black blob. I remember that day trying to do my best to get a close up of her before she looked away. This picture turned out well and is one of my favorites.



The reason I bring this up is that I’m beginning to take small steps towards my dream of creating an art business and a web site. Missy over the years has been my silent but faithful sounding board. She would purr when I told her about my dreams and plans to start an art business as I get closer to retirement.

Over this last year the stars seem to be lining up and other influential people have urged me to begin to act rather than just to dream. This weekend I secured a domain name and I’m slowly starting to read and learn more about what I might want do with a web site.

I don’t plan to make big bucks from my art, but I have loftier plans to create positive energy for the world using my art.



Today some of my “new” art makes its debut at an event tonight in a silent auction for an organization called Geez Louise, which is a non-profit group working with women for growth, education and empowerment.

Stay tuned for the emerging news and progress…. i.e. the blossoming of my art dreams!

1 comment:

  1. "All of our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

    Yay for you! Just seeing the art in your home, you could open a gallery :)

    ReplyDelete