Friday, October 23, 2009

Geez Louise Event

10-23-09 grateful brain
I enjoyed attending the benefit event for Geez Louise on Wednesday night where some of my artwork was part of a silent auction. Several friends went along: Kelley, Carolyn and Deb, which made the evening even more fun.

The event started off with hors d'oeuvres, drinks and a drum circle while everyone examined and started bidding on the items in the silent auction. I was amazed at the quantity and quality of the auction items and was happy to see there were many bids going on my piece of artwork.



One of the organizers of the event, Erin, pictured above with me, is a young gal I know through church. Erin is the daughter of Jan and Polk, two of my favorite church people. I'm also a huge fan of Erin's. It has been fun watching her grow from an awkward teenager into this posed, purposeful, hardworking, silly and fun women. If I had a daughter, I'd want her to be just like Erin! I feel blessed to have her in my life. She gives me hope for the next generation of women.

Below is a short video (not the greatest quality) which might give you a sampling of the opening action of the event. There were also nine women who spoke during the official program who shared their inspiring life's stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment