Saturday, October 17, 2009

Frosty endings

10-17-08 frozen brain
Frost came to Iowa this last weekend. There was even some snow in Des Moines. So far no weekend in October has been decent enough to do yard work. I can only hope for at least a warmer day soon to do some out door clean up. The leaves are still on the trees, so much more work to be done before winter.

The house vine has died and we harvested our "crop" of ONE gourd. It's a wonderful guitar gourd! The house sure looks bare now and I can see out of the bathroom window again.



I've never seen a gourd this long and this straight! This will make an interesting birdhouse next year.

I have to admit, I'm feeling a little depressed with the change of seasons. It feels like I haven't seen much of sun lately. It's that time of year when it's dark when I get out of bed and dark by dinner time. I hope some Indian Summer weather comes my way soon, maybe THIS weekend!

1 comment:

  1. This is HUGE, good job Mrs. Green Thumg. I hope we have some sun today or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete