Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fun weekend: part II

10-27-09 friendship brain
Sunday was a bit cloudy with light rain, so as Greg was spending time with other football fans in the afternoon watching their beloved Cleveland Browns play (i.e. lose again), I was invited over to Teresa’s house for lunch. Teresa is my college friend, and since I really didn’t have many friends in college, she holds a special role in my life.

Teresa made some delicious soup and we were blessed to have her daughter Chelsea join us. I say blessed, since many college age kids wouldn’t think of hanging out with the “old folks” for the afternoon, but Chelsea is atypical…. in a good way. Chelsea is my Goddaughter, so of course I’m terribly proud of the way she appears to be growing up to be a smart, level headed and creative young women. Not that I had anything to do with it, since I only get to see her once or twice a year. (And as you can see Chelsea is a cutie!)



I enjoyed hearing about her life and her perspective of things. Chelsea is an avid reader, and one of her dreams is to write a novel. I’m going to make sure she remembers this and I look forward to reading whatever story she has bouncing round her brain. Chelsea has a crazy enough family to provide her with a wide variety of characters to write about. Who knows, maybe I’m one of them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment