Friday, August 6, 2010

Another August color


8-6-10 perplexed brain
Oh no... this can't be a good sign... can it?

This week, on an early morning walk, before the heat index reached 100, I came upon this colored leaf down at the end of my street.

This came from one of the prettiest and earliest turning maple trees in the neighborhood. Looking up, I saw one branch that already had some colored leaves on it.

I'm not sure if I am happy or sad. After this hot and humid spell we have had, some nice fall weather does sound good. But my memories of last winter have me resisting any thoughts of autumn!

PS: Notice the green grass. This year we have had enough rain to keep the grass very green and in need of weekly mowing. In the past, by August the grass has gone dormant, and is brown.

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts exactly when I heard a locust 2 weeks before my birthday. I usually hear them around the week of my birthday. I'm not going to push winter away, but I sure am going to sip every bit of summer and fall.

    ReplyDelete