Monday, August 2, 2010

Weekend

8-2-10 lounging brain
This weekend I really tried hard to rest and relax.... I was only half successful at it. I did take a good 2 hour nap Saturday afternoon, which was wonderful.

This came after a quick trip up 40 miles north to Ames. Greg had the National Buick Car Show he wanted to attend. I dropped him off at 11:00 AM, and I went to meet up with my co-worker friend Renee for lunch. Renee had been caring for her youngest granddaughter Maci, while her parents were at a horse show.

Maci is 2.5 years old.... cuter than a bug! Stubborn as a mule, so I've been told.... well "strong willed" anyway.... probably like any normal 2 year old.

While Renee was getting the drinks, Maci and I waited at the table. Let's do a fun caption game with this picture..... What was Maci thinking while she had to wait at the table without Grandma?



Post your caption in the comment section please :)
For more pictures of Maci click HERE: at Grandma's blog!

I could kick myself... I had planned to deliver a package to Renee. That was part of the reason for your meeting. Along with other items I needed to get to her, I had a surprise for Maci. But it's probably not something a 2 year old would really appreciate. But I'll get it to her sooner or later.

8 comments:

  1. CAPTION: "My Grandma takes pictures of me of ALL the time, so I’m NOT smiling for you too…. strange lady."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many captions come to mind but I will go with:
    "Who the hell are you?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want to sit down!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, as Maci's gramma, I'd go with "go ahead, take my picture, but I'm NOT going to smile for you." Actually, I was really surprised she stayed at the booth with you! What a nice surprise seeing this post tonight when I got home from work! I had no idea you took her picture! Gramma is going to bed early tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. I love the surprise you had for Maci! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAPTION: "OK, Grandma's gone, so listen quick and listen up, I am the kid here and you are the adult, so don't try to steal my show, it's my show and it will always be my show - capeesh! get it or there will be a play-dough horse head in your bed!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd say Molly wins the prize! She has no idea how close she is to what Maci was really thinking :)

    ReplyDelete