Monday, August 30, 2010

Museum of BAD Art

8-30-10 artistic brain
I don’t remember how or when I came across this website HERE, but thought it was weird-interesting and so I bookmarked it. There is actually a Museum of “Bad” Art. Since this is in the Boston area, I think I may have heard about it on NPR since I listen to www.wbur.org (Boston PR)often.

As you can see on their website, there is a “bad” painting of two dogs. This reminds me of an old watercolor painting I came across this summer in the basement as I was cleaning out old art supplies.

Back in the 1994 I bought myself a cheap watercolor set… and knowing nothing about watercolor, I set out to learn. My first subject was my cat Buster.



Well, it became obvious that I needed to take some art lessons, and in summer of 1997 I finally did sign up for my first art class. There I meet a wonderful teacher (Mary Muller) and she said I needed to start with some basic drawing classes. So I began with her class and have taken classes with her for over 10 years now.

I started in charcoal drawing, working my way into pastels, and dabbling a bit in acrylics… I have yet to be brave enough to try watercolors again. But someday I will, since I really do love a good watercolor painting.

I believe, and I bet you agree…. this picture of Buster, belongs in the Museum of Bad Art!

PS: If you are in the Des Moines area, Mary Muller is the best! I'm too busy to take classes lately... but I can highly recommend her work, either to buy or to take classes from. I LOVE her work, and I LOVE her as an inspiring person.

No comments:

Post a Comment