Monday, August 3, 2009

Who's "using" whom?

8-3-09 baffled brain

I read the strangest article in the Des Moines Register newspaper last week. I normally would have only scanned this headline and probably not bothered to read further…. “Women’s Hair Thins under Stress” …but it was the picture that was put alongside this headline that was intriguing. Note this was in the “Life” section of the paper. The picture was one of Sarah Palin and the caption stated that her hair had thinned during the stressful campaigning. (Gee, I had not noticed)!

After reading the article, which actually WAS about hair loss created by stress and had nothing to do with Sarah Palin, I wondered why someone had decided to connect Palin’s picture with this article….. to entice me to read the article?

I don’t support the politics of Sarah Palin, but I’m starting to wonder if I need to stick up for her when it seems like she is being used and over exposed by the press for no good reason.Why are we so fascinated by this woman? Isn't it time to just let her be?

Yet, I have to admit I did get a chuckle out of William Shatner’s poetic reading of Sarah Palin’s farewell Governor’s speech this week. If you haven’t heard this, do a Google search.

Or check out this other blog I read (Women of a Certain Age)which has Shatner reading some of Palin's tweets....
http://womenofcertainage.blogspot.com/2009/07/sarah-palin-tweets.html

I also heard on the news last week that Sarah Palin was considering doing a radio talk show. I think I would tune in to hear her once in awhile. And I'd be perfectly happy if she would replace Rush Limbaugh. That would bring me great joy and probably some laughter and enjoyment!

No comments:

Post a Comment