Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Animal magnetism


3-11-09 animal brain

Several of my blog friends have challenged me to participate in a “blog game”. It’s simple enough…. You are instructed to post the picture that is in your computer PICTURE files…. In the 6th folder and the 6th picture in that folder, I’m not sure why “6” is the game number for today…. But I’ll play along. My 6th folder is a “CATS” folder (“children with fur” folder)

This picture was taken by me of my two special guys…. Both of whom I shared my bed with for many years; often I was wedged between the two of them, unable to move. The picture of Greg and Buster was taken around 1994, I’m guessing by the small size of Buster and the sweatshirt Greg is wearing and the lack of gray hair on Greg’s head.
This is one of Buster’s favorite places to sit….. and often he would insist on being on your shoulders even without your permission. He’d get that look in his eyes and you knew he was getting ready to jump up on you.

Often when I’d be sitting at my desk and working on the computer, Buster would be sitting on my shoulders with his head hanging down my left upper arm, just relaxing…. His tail sometimes would be flipping about and slapping the right side of my face. That was nice in the winter, since he kept me warm…..but in the summer it got a bit annoying.

This picture brings back good memories for me. Buster was my “baby boy”, my constant companion for 13 years. In May it will be 3 years since he became sick and died, …….. BUT I can still feel his presence and our love for each other is infinite.

I’m still astounded and intrigued by the depth of love I have for that silly cat!

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened” Anatole France

1 comment:

  1. loved this post...aaaaaachoooo! but loved it anyway :)

    ReplyDelete