Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Green to the color orange

3-24-09 adventurous brain?
I’m back spending time in Des Moines this week. Greg and I had our first night in our new KC house on Sunday. I stayed an extra night so we could experience this together. Monday, Greg drove back up with me so he could retrieve another car to have in KC, his Miata convertible for the warm driving season ahead. As we crossed over the border into Iowa, Greg said “Where did all the green go?”….. We noticed the green grasses of KC were not evident yet in Iowa. I think this will be fun. I get to go back in time this week and watch the grass in Des Moines turn green. It’s like that movie “Ground Hog’s Day” where Bill Murray was forced to relive the same day over and over.

With the “two state solution” and my “split” life, I can take my pick of the best weather, and prolong the changes of seasons by experiencing it twice. It will be interesting to see how much longer it will take for the Forsythia to bloom here in Iowa. I was surprised on my return to Iowa that the crocuses were in full bloom outside the front door. Unfortunately, I think the warm weather will be switching over to colder weather this week in Iowa and I probably should have spent more time in KC this time.

It does feel weird to be back in the DM house again….. This way of life does feel strange from time to time, until I get back into a groove, only to be disrupted and find a new groove. I hope it keeps my brain robust and in top form which will allow me to adapt more easily to change in general. It’s easy and comforting to be in a rut…… however, it takes a more self aware life to make this “Split in Two” way of life work. I’ll just do this until it doesn’t feel like the right thing anymore….. AND at that time, Greg and I will evolve into a new and different way.

On FaceBook today I did a Quiz to find my aura color:
This was maybe 6 to 8 easy multiple choice questions to answer then my color was revealed to me: My color is ORANGE. I’m not sure what I was expecting, but orange seems OK. Orange personalities were described as..... creative adventurers in the color spectrum. They have an inner urge to be creative, active and enjoy life to its fullest. They are also individual and independent and integrate physical and mental qualities. They enjoy the challenge and excitement of forming and shaping physical reality. Orange personalities love to imagine and plan strategies for their next adventure or project and then put those plans into action. They need to be involved in the actual working process and want to physically shape and form their own ideas. They have difficulty sitting back and letting other people do things for them. They are always busy building, organizing and shaping their projects and physical reality. An Orange personality's motivation in life is based on how much pleasure and satisfaction they get out of their own adventures, challenges and creative projects. They want to be adventurous, creative and live out their own ideas.

I don't usually describe myself as "adventuresome"..... but I guess if you look at how I am living these last 18 months.... maybe at least HALF of my brain must be adventurous!

PS: Note addendum to yesterday’s blog post. Greg asked for some clarification.

2 comments:

  1. To help you balance your split in two brain..... today a very dear friend died of cancer (my second friend that died of cancer in March). So please know that the side of your brain that is supporting cancer research is needed as much by others as you feel the artistic side is needed by you! Keep up the good work - we need to find an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Molly for that reminder of the important work that is being done in Cancer Research and I am blessed to be a part of that process.

    ReplyDelete