Saturday, March 21, 2009

Waiting for the welcome wagon

3-21-09 Welcoming brain

Here is the front door to the new KC house. It's wood, painted black, faces west and has a nice enough design of squares with one small window. The house faces south which is very appealing to me to have plenty of sunshine coming into the front rooms. There is a little pussy willow tree on the corner of the house as you walk up to the front door from the drive way.



As you can see, there are signs of spring here in KC!














Spring is also evident in the backyard.... there are 3 of these bushes lining the back fence line. (I can't think of the name of this, but I think it starts with an "F" or maybe an "N"....?? ) I could try to google to find the answer... but I'm getting tired tonight and I need to get to bed!


PS: I'm wondering if any neighbors will come by over the weekend as we hang out at the new house getting unpacked??? Molly is going to come help! Yea!

2 comments:

  1. How delicious...signs of spring as you move into your new home. The earth has rolled out her welcome mat:). I believe the bush is forsythia. I've always like those early splashes of color. Enjoy your journey today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Judy & Greg,
    The bush is inDEED forsythia and they are in glorious abundance in KC at this writing.
    From my office window, I can see a daffodils / jonquils (seem to have tough time differentiating), one neighbor's forsythia, another neighbor's wild plum tree, saw a star magnolia in bloom during morning walk, oh what a GLORious time of year.
    I know you'll have a fun time becoming acquainted with your new neighbors.
    Be sure to treat yourself to some rest, even as your time is so purposeful!
    Oh! And I LUV (covet) the tile roof ... beautiful home!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete