Saturday, March 28, 2009

Simple mind

3-28-09 tongue-tied brain

I have decided I need to take an absence from blogging on Wednesdays and Sundays..... as an attempt to free up some time for my creative R brain and find more balance.... unless of course something important needs to be documented, then I will make an exception. The spring weather and sunlight after work is making me want to be outside rather than sitting in front of a computer any longer than I have to.

PLUS, I want to start working on a new art project. I have been on a sabbatical from art classes since November. I have a hundred projects in brain..... but I think I will start on one for the KC "sleeping chamber"...... A large painting of a country landscape with big fluffy clouds. This maybe the only object to get hung on the wall of this room.

This is our KC "sleeping chamber".... I want to call it that, instead of a "bedroom".... since we are striving to keep our bedroom a relaxing place- NO TV. Now in the new house there is only the bed and a dresser with bare walls and I have found this to be really relaxing. No busy bookshelves, desk, or no nick-knacks to clutter up the room.

As my life gets more and more complicated, I find it refreshing and necessary to have a living space which is NOT complicated. Simplify!.... is my new motto, or "sparse-a-ticity " a new word I made up! I hope Greg will be on board with me on this. Next I have to work on making the DM "sleeping chamber" a more relaxing, sparse place as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment