Saturday, March 7, 2009

Can I keep up?

3-7-09 techo brain

This is a picture of my first laptop I used for work. I know this is around 1991 since the picture was taken in my apartment before I was married. Also note the "state-of-the-art" printer I had. It was a dot matrix, the kind where the paper feed in as one long piece and you had to rip each page apart.
I wish I had a picture of my first cell phone. That was about the size of my shoe and really not so different from the shoe phone on the TV show "Get Smart"


I am on at least my 4 or 5th laptop and cell phone since then and each new one gets smaller and lighter AND FASTER!....... but can I keep up?

My friend Molly and I have decided that we have to make the effort to keep up with technology in order to stay relevant. If we don't keep up now, we know it will be even more difficult as time passes. It's difficult enough now.....We both recently joined Facebook, I am learning a lot from my blog experience, but neither one of us has yet to start texting with our cell phones.

A friend sent me this video which I found fascinating and a bit intimidating as well.

Will I be able to keep up? ..... Will any of us be able to keep up?














1 comment: