Thursday, March 5, 2009

The importance of balance



3-5-09 balanced brain


My brain cloud has started to lift.

I was physically worn out two weekends ago with all the painting projects I was doing with my nephew..... so I started out fatigued that Monday my Mom called and told me my Dad was in the hospital. After spending the week at University Hospital with my parents and sister, I also became mentally drained dealing with my Dad's health issues.

I've attempt to "rest up" by going to bed early most nights, but I didn't have much improvement, so I resorted to an early acupuncture treatment.... and I'm happy to report I'm starting to feel much better now.

I have been getting monthly acupuncture treatments since October 1997. I remember the date well, since acupuncture changed my life so dramatically, and thus I've made it part of my routine proactive health maintenance plan. If you remember reading blog posting from 2-9-09, I referred to suffering from "chronic fatigue" the summer of 1990. I slowly recovered from the "acute" phase and could return to work full time..... but I still suffer periodically when I "over do it". Acupuncture, along with the use of some herbs, and learning how to eat more healthy, have made all the difference in my quality of life. I basically live normal now, but am prone to fatigue if I let myself get out of balance.

Remember the plate spinning act on Ed Sullivan Show back in the 1960's. That was one of my favorites as a kid, also along with Topo Gigio (the little Italian mouse puppet).... that would say... "Eddy, kiss me goodnight"...

UPDATE on my Dad:
Dad is home and doing pretty well getting back to his normal routine. Hopefully the change in his blood pressure medicine has helped. I believe he has decided not to have the brain aneurysm surgery. At age 84 maybe it is best just to live the best quality of life you can and be grateful each day you wake up! ? It will be Dad's decision to make. I've already got enough my my plate..... I won't go trying to spin Dad's plate as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment