Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A snap-shot in time


3-17-09 playful brain

Last week I participated in a “blog tag” game, .... (refer to blog post 3-11-09 post) I decided to try to start my own blog game today….. so I’m challenging my blog friends! Take a picture of your night stand and write about what you keep on your stand and why.

As you can see from my picture, I have several books on my night stand, since I usually have several books going at once. I also keep a pen and paper bedside in case the creative spirit visits me and I need to jot myself a note. Lastly, my one and only Beanie Baby sits next to me at night. This was given to me by my niece some years ago (in the 1990's) when she was a collecting fanatic around age 10. She must have 100+ Beanie Babies, now they are all out of sight in storage containers. Sometimes I think it is more fun just owning ONE of something..... but then you can't call it a collection. I think "collections" aren't all what they are cracked up to be...... who needs more "stuff" to deal with? ...... at least not at my age.
Back to my one Beanie Baby......The praying bear’s name is “Hope”.
HOPE is an important word for me, especially "as I lay me down to sleep"....

No comments:

Post a Comment