Monday, March 2, 2009

Time to be happy

3-2-09 depleted brain

I have to be frank...... I'm worn out after this past week. I need to take some time to get my energy back. I return to some of my past writings to find some comfort and peace. This poem was placed in my brain one morning during Thanksgiving break after a hectic and busy year of 2002 had left me feeling depleted. I was laying in bed long after I had woken up. I love that state of mind between sleep and alertness, where you are relaxed and your mind is still floating in and out of dream consciousness. These words came to me then..... almost word for word..... a gift from my creative spirit!



"Time to Be Happy"

To be happy-
I need time on my hands,
Thick, sticky time that doesn’t slip through my fingers,
Solid time that won’t evaporate into haste.

Time to look beyond the busyness-
Time to study the birds gathering at the feeder,
Time to gaze at the lingering sunset,
Time to lie back in the grass staring up at the stars,

Not time to think, or even the time to dream-
But time just to let my mind wander closer to heaven.
Time like now, listening to these quiet words in my head,
And the silent peacefulness in my heart.

God is here-
Trying to come though,
If only I take the time-
Time to be happy



Judy Sebern Beachy, 2002

1 comment:

  1. Judy, this is Sarah from Pew to You. I don't blog, but I am an Oncology RN who does professional politics for a Labor Union. I enjoy your writing and you make me think. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete