Friday, March 6, 2009

Spring reprieve


3-6-09 grateful brain

There are really only two kinds of prayers. One is: "Help me, help me , help me." The other is: "Thank you, thank you, thank you." You just fill in the details. -Katharine Whittemore

Today I am most thankful for the spring like temperatures! The crocus are peeking up through the leaves in my front garden.

Yesterday I walked up to the post office during lunch to enjoy the warm and sunny March day, temperatures reached 67 degrees… Ahhhhhhh, it was just what I needed! One of the best things about having a long, hard winter season is that it teaches a person to really enjoy and savor spring! Again today I will be sure I enjoy the mild weather.

Today, for me, all is right with the world (at this present moment)..... which brings to mind the phase “This Too Shall Pass”. These words are often used to help a person endure a difficult period. There is comfort in knowing that life can and will eventually change for the better. BUT likewise it is important to remember this phrase when things are good, since you know also that change can happen and good times need to be enjoyed, relished and experience fully when you have been blessed by their presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment