Thursday, March 19, 2009

A small, simple, de-cluttered way of life

3-19-09 expanding brain


Only four more days to enjoy our Plaza apartment, then the apartment furniture will be moved into the new KC house. I'm really going to miss this apartment. It has been a wonderful solution as the first step in our Kansas City adventure.


Unfortunately, I haven't had as many opportunities to spend time down here with Greg as I had originally planned. Life in Des Moines has kept me busy, but I have probably spent at least one week every other month down here. For the most part I'm a "virtual worker" with my cancer research job so it's easy for me to bring my laptop to KC as long as I have an Internet connection. I have found I am very productive when I work from the apartment. I love this small, simple, de-cluttered space which has great sunlight all day long. This place is liberating and relaxing to me.


When I'm working out of the Des Moines house it's easy for me to find myself wandering around looking for something I misplaced (like my reading glasses). I make several trips up and down the stairs trying to locate the last room I might have placed my glasses..... in the sunroom reading the newspaper in the morning?.... in the dinning room looking at the mail?...... in the upstairs bathroom?....... back down stairs in the art room?.... now back upstairs in the office next to the computer?....... after all that exercise I then discover my reading glasses on top of my head.


Now when I'm working in the apartment, I have only two small rooms to wander around in and I could accomplish that in about 10 steps! Instead, I save my exercise for the fun walk down the hill, past the large fountain in the park, onto the Plaza with a multitude of shops and restaurants to choose from. Or I love the one block walk to the Kemper Modern Art Museum or the two block walk over to the the Nelson Atkins Art Museum with it's beautiful grass lawns and sculpture park.




I just simply LOVE this part of Kansas City...... and will hold these wonderful memories of our year and a half time spent at our Plaza apartment in my ever expanding brain!


No comments:

Post a Comment