Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Knitting a new reality


3-4-09 brain cloud


I'm working through many emotions..... It’s not a bad thing to do, really. Most of us are forced to do it from time to time.

Greg put it into words best for me today (referring to my midnight posting)....

"Failing gravity refers to not feeling grounded…..Earth shifting beneath your feet….Old realities being challenged…Drifting free of previous restrictions into a new state. Annoyance is due to being forced to change expectations without having any say in the matter. Dangling thread refers to previous fabric of reality being unraveled, providing the stock to knit a new reality".

To put it simply, I’m in a funk.
But I’ve been here before, so I know what to do.


Step One:
Accept the fact you are in a funk. Let yourself feel those emotions and don’t deny them….. even let yourself indulge in those emotions, but only for awhile. You are only allowed a pity party for one night. Avoid buying cookies and do not indulge in sweets.


Step Two:
Take action! I prefer the “pissed off” cleaning session. I seem to get in the mood to clean when I’m annoyed at life. I guess it’s my way of trying to control the environment around me. Fortunately or unfortunately, I don’t get in this mood much and thus I have to rely on my housekeeper to clean most of the time.
Another good action step is to exercise. I prefer walking. Try storming down the street as if you are going to neighbors to tell them their dog is barking and keeping you up at night….. keep walking briskly until you are worn out. Avoid eating those Twinkies!


Step Three:
Do something positive. Go get a massage or I find an acupuncture treatment to be very helpful. Also doing something kind for another person is very helpful at lifting your spirits and taking to focus off of yourself.


Step Four:
Dust off your gratitude journal and start listing all the things that you are grateful for.


An important step between Step One, Two, Three, Four...... fall on your knees and pray for strength.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing great! You are moving in the right direction. Remember if you sit on the pity-pot, to flush when you get up!

    ReplyDelete